While the weather may not be at its best, here is a cheap idea for a day trip with friends, or even a date with that special someone.
Mount Bonnell is:
- One of Austin’s oldest tourist attractions dating back to 1850.
- The highest point within Austin City Limits at 785 feet,
- A wonderful place to picnic in the sun.
- Contains views of Town Lake and the Pennybacker Bridge as well as wonderful vistas of downtown.
- a short hike from the road and there is no entrance fee.
Mount Bonnell is located at:
Mt. Bonnell Austin
3800 Mt. Bonnell Drive
Austin, TX 78731
Did you know?
Hey Real World fans! Remember Real World Austin, when Danny and Melinda first met? Well, the lovebirds met at Mount Bonnell, before moving into the house together and eventually getting married