Many of our posts discuss fun events and activities that are affordable and fun. They are great substitutes for spending money on movies, buying new clothes, or eating out at the same old places. But what about those busy Austinites who want to save money in their everyday lives? For those of you who don’t have much time in your busy schedules, here are some money saving tips for your everyday use:
• Don’t join the gym. Instead save your money and work out at Austin parks.
• Disconnect your landline to save on bills. We all know that this will soon become the wave of the future. Why not start now?
• Bring your lunch to work or school at least a few days a week. Eating out really adds up. Some delicious options to pack can be found here.
• Cook at home instead of eating out. This can also save time and calories. Recipes are also easy to find online these days. Some great sites include Food Network (of course!), Epicurious, and Recipe Goldmine.
• Save on electric and water bills by turning off the lights, tv, and running water. This may seem obvious but people continue to waste money each month. Here are some other ideas to save on your utility bills.
These are just a few options you can use to save money. All the things that you have to do anyway, such as eat, shop, workout, and live, can be done on a cheaper budget. It just takes some creativity and innovation.
Post by Sarah Lacy