If you are an Austin resident you know that flights from the Austin Bergstrom International Airport can be pretty pricey. Our airport is ranked among the more expensive places to fly in and out of in the United States. To make business and vacation travel a little bit less expensive try these options to get the most out of your money and your flying experience.
1. Join any and all airline programs that you can. Although you will get the most out of your money by being loyal to just one program, it cannot hurt to belong to all of them. Never let your miles go to waste and make sure they count toward your collective air travel miles no matter which airline you are on. After flying for a certain amount you can often get free flights by cashing in on your miles.
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Continental One Pass
- Delta Air SkyMiles
- United Airways Mileage Plus
- Southwest Airline Rapid Rewards
- US Airways Dividend Miles
- Frontier EarlyReturns
- Jet Blue TrueBlue
2. Another efficient way to travel for less is to use Kayak.com and other flight search websites. You can search for the best deal to your particular destination. Kayak is my personal favorite. I use it to find the flights and then go directly to the airline in order to purchase my tickets. Some others websites for flight searches include:
3. Some of the cheapest travel destination to fly to from the Austin Airport include Denver, Los Angeles, and locations in Florida. Take these routes into consideration the next time you are thinking about your travel destination. You will get more bang for your buck and have an enjoyable vacation all the same.
4. Also if you travel frequently it might be worth your effort to apply for a credit card that will accrue miles for your favorite airline. American, Continental, and others offer their own credit cards that put miles toward your account with every purchase you make. Depending on your spending and travel habits you can quickly accumulate free flights.
While flying might be a pricey way to travel, it is often necessary for many people. You might as well get the most out of your money when you travel by air. Happy flying! You might also enjoy this great SNL skit. Its and oldie but a goodie.